On November 13 and November 14, Seacoast Paddleboard Club is hosting two night’s of back-to-back full moon paddles to celebrate the arrival of the “Super Moon.” Also known as the Full Beaver Moon, or perigee, November’s Super Moon will be will be the biggest and brightest full moon since 1948.
According to NASA, the moon over the next 48 hours will appear slightly larger than a typical full moon, at about 15 percent larger.
For those planning to join us on either Sunday or Monday night at Odiorne Point Boat Launch to enjoy this natural phenomenon, we’ve put together the following Super Moon Paddleboard Checklist to ensure that you have what you need to relax and enjoy your paddle with us.
Seacoast Paddleboard’s Club’s Super Moon Paddleaboard Checklist:
The following Super Moon Paddleboard Checklist provides a list of items you’ll need in order to fully enjoy our full moon paddle.
- Paddleboard (we don’t mean to state the obvious)
- Personal Foatation Device (PFD)
- A 3mm wetsuit- full body (a dry suit is a good option as well)
- Wetsuit booties – 3mm to 5mm thickness
- Wetsuit gloves – 3mm to 5mm thickness
- Neoprene cap or a warm beanie
- A warm windbreaker
- A 360 degree deck light that meets US Coast Guard Regulations
- Marine Whistle
- Head lamp (while the deck light is a requirement, the head lamp will provide
- Power Bars or Snacks
- Dry Bag
- Waterproof Camera
- Warm clothes to change into upon your return
- A thermos of warm liquid such as coffee or tea to warm you up