In an effort to protect the places we love, Seacoast Paddleboard Club (SPC) adopted Pirates Cove Beach in Rye, New Hampshire through Blue Ocean Society’s Adopt-a-beach program in the Spring of 2017.
Through this partnership, SPC members host a year-round community beach cleanup on the third Sunday of every month. Unless otherwise posted on our Facebook page, our clean up crews meet up at the entrance to Pirates Cove Beach at 10:00 am for a short introduction about marine debris and why it’s important that we gather this beach debris data. Our beach clean ups typically last about 1.5 hours.
5 Things You Should Know About Our Pirate’s Cove Beach Clean Ups
- SPC beach clean ups are typically held on the third Sunday of every month.
- Cleanups typically last for about 2 hours.
- SPC will provide all the supplies including bags, gloves, and data sheets.
- Volunteers are encouraged to wear work gloves to minimize our use of disposable gloves, and bring water in a reusable bottle.
- We suggest participants dress in layers and wear sturdy, close-toed shoes for safety.
For more information about what to expect at a cleanup, please read our beach cleanup guidelines.